BScPT, MSc, PhD
Dr. Davis trained as a physiotherapist and clinical epidemiologist and received her doctorate from the University of Toronto. Currently, she is a Senior Scientist and Division Head, Division of Health Care and Outcomes Research, Krembil Research Institute and is an investigator with the Arthritis and Community Research and Evaluation Unit at UHN. She is a Professor at the University of Toronto in the Departments of Physical Therapy and Surgery and holds Full Membership in the School of Graduate Studies (University of Toronto) in the Rehabilitation Science Institute, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation and Institute of Medical Science. She is a past member of the CIHR Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis Advisory Board. She is also the past Chair of the Scientific Advisory Committee and a past member of the Board of The Arthritis Society. She was Co-Chair of Bone and Joint Canada and is currently Director of their Osteoarthritis Initiatives and a member of the Board of the Osteoarthritis Research Society International. She is also an Associate Editor for Osteoarthritis and Cartilage and on the Editorial Board of Arthritis Care & Research.
Dr. Davis' primary research focus is in musculoskeletal disease, particularly in identifying modifiable predictors of patient outcomes. She also has extensive experience in outcome measure development and evaluation and has published and lectured extensively on various aspects of patient evaluation and outcomes in arthritis and musculoskeletal oncology. Recent work focuses on models of care for arthritis including development and evaluation of care pathways to improve access to services for people with arthritis and hip fracture.
- Fayad N, Avery L, Davis AM, Streiner DL, Ferro M, Cunningham C, Rosenbaum P, Lach L, Boyle M, Glidden G, Ronen GM. Latent Classes of Parent Proxy Quality of Life Discrepancy in Childhood Epilepsy. Accepted for publication Value in Health, February 2019.
- Leese J, Macdonald GG, Tran BC, Wong R, Backman CL, Townsend AF, Davis AM, Jones CA, Gromala D, Avina-Zubieta JA, Hoens, A, Li LC. Using physical activity trackers in arthritis self-management: a qualitative study of patient and rehabilitation professional perspectives. (E-pub ahead of print; DOI: 10.1002/acr.23780) Arthritis Care & Research, 2019;71(2):227-236.
- Huynh C, Puyraimond-Zemmour D, Maillefert JF, Conaghan PG, Davis AM, Gunther K-P, Hawker GA, Hochberg MC, Kloppenburg M, Lim K, Lohmander LS, Mahomed NN, March L, Pavelka K, Punzi L, Roos EM, Sanchez-Riera L, Singh JA, Suarez-Almazor ME, Dougados M and Gossec L. Factors associated with the orthopaedic surgeon’s decision to recommend total joint replacement in hip and knee osteoarthritis: an international cross-sectional study of 1905 patients. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2018; 26(10),1311-1318.
- Davis AM, Ibrahim S, Hogg-Johnson S, Beaton DE, Chesworth B, Gandhi R, Mahomed, NN, Perruccio AV, Rajgopal V, Waddell JP. Pre-surgery Osteoarthritis Severity Unchanged Over 10 Years in Two Prospective Total Knee Replacement Cohorts. CMAJ Open, 2018; 6(3): E269-E275. DOI:10.9778/cmajo.20170164
- Davis AM, Kennedy D, Wong R, Robarts S, Skou ST, McGalsson R, Li LC, Roos E. Cross-cultural Adaptation and Implementation of Good Life with Osteoarthritis in Denmark (GLA:DTM): group education and exercise for hip and knee osteoarthritis is feasible in Canada. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2018 Feb;26(2):211-219.
Honours and AwardsName:
- Alumni Achievement Award for Physiotherapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto [May 2016]
- CIHR Knowledge Translation Prize; Nominee Organization: Bone and Joint Canada; Applicants: Lauren Beaupre, Cy Frank, Aileen Davis, James Waddell [November 2013]