How to Apply
We are happy you are planning to continue your education at RSI. Before you begin your application process, we hope you've considered:
- Checking that you qualify to become a graduate student at U of T based on your grades, previous experiences and additional scores (e.g., English proficiency score)
- Identifying a potential supervisor in the area of your research interest
- Meeting with your potential supervisor to discuss a topic or topics of research and availability of funding
- Asking your potential supervisor about their previous experiences in supervision, the number of students they supervised, an average time to program completion for the students in the past, and their supervisory philosophy
- Asking to meet other students mentored by the same supervisor and discussing their experiences
- Discussing and deciding if an MSc or PhD is your program of choice, and if there is a collaborative program that you would be interested in joining
- Reading the Admissions FAQ page
If all or most of your responses above are “YES”, then you are ready to collect documents for your application. To ensure you have all the proper documentation, please review our APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Ready to Apply?
If all the above is in order, you are READY to submit your application at: https://admissions.sgs.utoronto.ca/apply/.
Submitting your Application:
- If you are a first-time applicant, click the link to Create an Account to begin your application. You will receive a verification code via email as part of the account creation process. After entering your verification code, you will create a password for your account.
- You may save and return to the application at any point in the process.
- You will be required to enter information for [# of referees] referees. Your referees will automatically receive a notification email that they have been requested to complete a reference for your application, along with instructions to submit their reference letter in the application system.
- If you need to change your referees, please get in touch with the graduate administrator.
- If you need to send a reminder email to your existing referees, you can do so through your applicant portal after submitting your application.
- To view the status of your application, including outstanding requirements, please log in to your account to view your applicant status portal.
- You can upload application materials including, unofficial transcripts, CV/Resume, statements of intent, writing samples, supervisor’s support letter and any other required checklist items through your applicant status portal after submitting your online application form.
IMPORTANT: You will need to register in the system and pay fees. Your application will not be reviewed until the application is completed and fees are paid.